Thursday 16 April 2009

Simple Butterfly Card

For this card I have used a rose petal backing paper
From Free Craft Downloads


I loved the "paleness" of the chosen paper

I printed the design on to an A4 sheet of White Card folded in half to make an A5 size card
I found a large gold butterfly peel off and put it on to a piece of acetate then "coloured" the back of the butterfly using Gold, Silver and Bronze "crystal lacquers" when it was dry I bent the wings up a bit and stuck it on to the card using some silicone glue so it wasn't flat on the card

I then chose one of the Butterfly Quotes from on the site (I chose The butterfly counts not months but moments and has time enough. by Rabindranath Tagore )
and put it in to the Backing Paper Builder I made a paper with it then cut out one of the sentences and mounted it on to some gold holographic card (the rest of the paper I will use on another project) and lastly I added some gold corner peel -offs to the corners

This card didnt take long to make & I liked the idea of keeping it simple

0 comments: