Tuesday 9 March 2010

A Cross Card

This card could be used as an Easter Card or as a Sympathy card
It is very quick and easy to make


I used one of the Cross Backing Papers from Free Craft Downloads 

To make the card I used
Cross_006  Backing paper
 A4 Cross  Front Template
A piece of gold textured mirror card
Some gold fine line peel offs
5 small cream roses ( I chose cream as I thought they went with the gold better than white)
Some double sided sticky pads
Small amount of silicone glue


I printed the cross backing paper on to a sheet of A4 white card
Then I ran the card back through the printer and printed the cross template
I cut out the cross from the middle and saved it to one side

Behind the cross I fixed an A5 sheet of Gold textured mirror card






The cross I cut from the middle I measured in 0.5cm all around and cut it to make it smaller
To the back of this I added some double sided sticky pads








I stuck the smaller cross in the centre of the Gold cross
Then added some fine line gold peel offs around the edges of both crosses









I put the 5 cream small roses together and twisted one of the wire stems around the rest to hold them all in place
with the rest of the stems I curled them around an embossing tool to make a "spring"
These were then stuck with silicone glue to the centre of the cross and left to dry





I chose not to add a greeting to the card as I preferred it plain
You could add  Thinking of you, Happy Easter, or With Sympathy or another of your choice

I did think of using silver card and peel offs  instead of gold but decided the gold brought the colour of the small crosses out better on the backing paper

0 comments: