Wednesday 23 November 2011

Christmas Carollers

I have made this set from this weeks papers off Free Craft Downloads
They are the latest in the Character papers featuring Brewster, Beatrice and Bulmer as Carol singers



The papers I used were
Christmas Carollers A6 diy decoupage
Christmas Carollers Pyramid 01
Snow flakes 04
Snow flakes 04 l
I also used
2 sheets of royal blue holographic card
1 x A5 blank greeting card
2 sheets of 350gsm smooth white card
2 sheets of 220gsm white card
2 sheets of 160gsm smooth white paper
5 silver snowflakes
some royal blue ribbon with white spots on

To make these simple gift tags I printed the Carollers A6 diy decoupage sheet on to the sheet of 220gsm white card
Cut them out individually, stuck them on to one of the sheets of royal blue holographic card then cut around them again leaving a border of the blue card. I punched a hole in the top left corner and threaded some of the ribbon through



To make this gift box  I printed the snow flakes 04 backing paper on to the sheets of 350gsm smooth white card I then trimmed them to 18cm square. Using the boxer board from crafters companion I scored each side in at 4.5cm this makes it so much easier as the base  is made from one edge of the score board and then the lid is made from the opposite edge so you don't have to fiddle with measurements or trying to make sure it fits. I cut to where the score lines joined then folded and stuck together

 The bow for the top was made using some scraps of the blue holographic card I cut 6 strips 1cm wide and 6cm long, glued the edges together and trimmed to a point
 These were then stuck to the back of the snowflake as you will see in the picture
When it was dry I just shaped it a bit better,
After I had taken the picture I decided to use a small piece of the card  left over from making the box  folded it in half to make a gift tag, punched a hole in the top left hand corner and threaded some of the blue ribbon through and stuck it to the bottom of the snowflake bow before adding it to the top of the box - this can be seen on the main box picture




To make the card I used an A5 size blank greeting card as my base card, to this I stuck the snowflake 04 backing paper which had been printed on the sheet of 160gsm smooth white paper,  I printed the pyramid sheet on to the other  sheet of 220 gsm white card, cut it out and assembled using silicone glue, when dry this was mat and layered on to snow flake 04 l paper and blue holographic card.I stuck it to the right side of the base card and stuck 3 of the silver snowflakes down the left side of the card.

I chose not to add a Christmas greeting to the front of the card.

1 comments:

Teena in Toronto said...

So cute!

Happy blogoversary :)