Friday 26 November 2010

Nadolig Llawen Shaker Card

Nadolig Llawen


For those who don't know Nadolig Llawen is Welsh for Merry Christmas.
On Free Craft Downloads we have some Welsh Christmas Backing Papers, Inserts and Tags.

As some of you will know Welsh backing papers are hard to come by so it's great to have these

For this card I used a Blue base card
The paler Nadolig Llawen with snowman background
Snowman inverted pyramid decoupage
Some foiled holly leaves and berries
A Nadolig Llawen greeting
Small piece of acetate
Small amount of fake snow

I printed out the backing paper and the snowman decoupage  both on A5 size paper
I stuck the backing paper to the base card and trimmed the edges
I cut out the pyramid decoupage and the centres I used some foam tape to layer the first 4 layers  making sure all the edges were sealed 
I decided not to use layer 6 as the edge was quite fine so I used layer 5 as the top layer, to the back of layer 5 I stuck some acetate to the back of this layer before sticking the foam tape on
I put a small amount of fake snow inside the space of the pyramid then added the top layer 
This was then stuck in the centre of the base card and some foil holly leaves and berries were stuck to each of the four corners and the Nadolig Greeting was stuck under the decoupage

When the card is shaken it looks like it is snowing


0 comments: