Tuesday 18 October 2011

Thanksgiving Napkin Holders / Place Names

This week on Free Craft Downloads  there are some new thanksgiving papers for you

Occasionally I like to make something other than a card with the new papers so this week I came up with the idea of  making some Napkin holders / Place names with a couple of the Decoupage sheets

They were easy to make and the combination of a Napkin holder and Place name card is ideal if table space is limited because  you have either a small table or a table laden with goodies

This is something I will be doing for my Christmas table with some Christmas decoupage papers as I only have a small table


I used thanksgiving_decoupage
and thanksgiving03

These were printed on 350gsm smooth white card A4 size
I also used some gold and silver Capital letter peel offs

             

I cut the layers out but instead of layering them all up I put a spacer in between the first and second layer.This was a piece of card 6m long by 3cm wide and each end was folded up 1cm. One end was attached to the front of the largest piece of decoupage  and the other was attached to the back of  the second layer with double sided tape so there was a 4cm gap inbetween this is where the folded napkin goes, the rest of the layers then were decoupages on the front.
On the front of the pumpkin one I added a name in gold letter peel offs and on the Turkey one I added a name in silver letter peel offs to the back layer



0 comments: